Some Nova installations experience difficulty accessing ports, both serial and
parallel. This problem has been traced to Window's failure to register the
necessary drivers during Nova installation. Here are instruction about how
to correct this problem
- Download this ZIP file
- UnZip it to any convenient folder. This
will reveal five files
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder and
- Setup_9x.INF for Windows 98, 98SE, and Me
- Setup_nt.INF for Windows NT and XP
- Put the mouse on the file name and right-click
- A pop-up menu will appear. Select Install and the
driver will install and register itself.
- You may delete the ZIP file and its five offspring.
Nova should recognize the ports from now on.